Organic European Sunflower Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in the EU. Packed in the UK.
Sunflowers originated in the Americas, on land that's now Mexico and the Southern United States, and they've been farmed for at least 4,000 years. Native Americans grew them further north, and in the 16th century, they were brought to Europe by explorers. Each sunflower head produces 800-2,000 seeds, depending on its size – a boon for snackers of these super-moreish seeds.
Sunflower seeds are high in protein and rich in antioxidants, as well as healthy fats such as omega-3 and omega-6. They're also a good source of vitamins B1 and B6, and iron and manganese.
Our European sunflower seeds are a superb snack right out of the bag, but they're also a terrific addition to a wide range of dishes. We like to use them in salads, baking mixes for muffins and breads, soups, garnishes, risotto (sunflower seeds can stand in for rice here, and they can also substitute pine nuts in classic basil pesto) and granola. Or how about grinding them up to make nutburger patties and falafel, or a delicious crusting for roasted meat, fish and vegetable dishes?
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||4.5g|
|- of which sugars||2.6g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here