Organic Rye Grain by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested, dried and packed in the UK.
Rye is a grass that produces grain used in a wide range of food and drinks. It’s related to wheat and barley, and its grains are a staple in Scandinavia and other parts of northern Europe, where rye copes well with the climate and requires only a short growing season.
USES: Rye grains, often referred to as rye berries, can be cooked and eaten whole, ground to make flour, chopped for cooking and baking, and rolled into flakes in the same way as rolled oats. They’re highly nutritious and much more versatile than many people realise. Hatton Hill Organic’s organic rye grains are an excellent addition to dishes such as salads, grain bowls and soups, and a natural in many kinds of baked goods. Although they have a nutty flavour that’s not neutral in the same way as rice, for instance, they can be used in much the same way as many other grains, even in a rye version of risotto. Their high fibre content and nutritional value makes them eminently well suited to a wide range of similar uses.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0.3g|
|- of which sugars||2.1g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here