Organic Black Sesame Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Bolivia. Packed in the UK.
Our organic black sesame seeds have a nutty, earthy, rich flavor with smoky notes, and will lend any dish in which they're used a distinctive visual appeal thanks to their dramatic grey-black colour.
The majority of us are probably most accustomed to encountering black sesame seeds scattered on top of loaves of bakery bread, but they're a much more versatile ingredient than that would suggest, adding taste, texture and visual flair to a wide range of dishes, both savoury and sweet.
Try using them as a crust for preparations such as crab cakes, baked fish and soy sauce or hoisin chicken wings. Crush or blend them into a paste to make tahini for hummus or use in eye-catching curries. Sprinkle them into salads (fruit salads, too!) and grain bowls.
Use them in mixes for baked goods such as muffins, macrons, marble cake and more. How about black sesame seed encrusted homemade chocolate truffles? You can even combine our black sesame seeds with nuts, a little sugar or other sweetening and water to make a vegan milk.
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||7g|
|- of which sugars||0.3g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here