Baking Powder by Hatton Hill. Made and packed in the UK.
Baking powder hardly needs and introduction – its name is fairly self-explanatory, even to the non-bakers among us! But it also has a number of uses other than making cakes, cookies, bread, muffins and the like.
USES: On the food front, you can make dried beans less gassy by adding a teaspoon of baking powder to the water in which you're boiling them. Non-culinary uses include deodorising, cleaning and even pest control. Who knew?!?
If you have carpets, you can can sprinkle some baking powder on them and then vacuum it up to suck up set-in odours. You can also freshen up fabric car seats in the same way. Or how about something similar in your laundry? Pop a teaspoon of baking powder in with your clothes to give your laundry detergent a bit of a boost. A bit of baking powder in the washing-up water will also make stubbornly stuck-on food on pots and pans that much easier to remove. Ditto crayon marks on walls, if your young ones are budding Banksys; when they're not looking, just pop some powder in hot water and scrub very gently to dissolve their doodles. And it's even good for keeping ants at bay, mixed with a bit of salt and left around the edges of doors and windows. If you know any other uses for this versatile home essential, be sure to let us know!
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here