Chipotle Chillies by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Spain. Packed in the UK.
Chipotle chillies are fully ripened jalapeño chillis that are smoke-dried. They're dark reddish-brown to black in colour and bursting with a delightfully smoky, slightly chocolatey flavour and medium heat. They register up to around 8,000 heat units on the Scoville scale, making them slightly hotter than the green jalapeño chillis dished up in Mexican restaurants, which typically rate around 5,000 heat units. The technique of smoke-drying jalapeños can be traced back to early food preservation practices used in Mesoamerica before the Aztecs. This form of chilli was brought to Spain from the New World, where it later spread to the rest of Europe, India and elsewhere. Chipotles chillis impart a relatively mild but earthy spiciness to Mexican, Tex-Mex and Southwestern United States dishes.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill’s Chipotle chillies are grown, harvested and dried in Spain, and packed in the UK.
USES: The intriguing combination of smokiness and peppery heat makes our chipotle chillies perfect for many uses. They can be added to Mexican or Mexican-inspired soups, barbeque sauces, stews and beans, or ground into a fine powder and added to spice rubs or sprinkled over vegetables. They also go well with beans, pickled vegetable mixes and scrambled eggs.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here