Union Yayu Forest Ethiopian Wild Whole Coffee Beans (200g)
The Yayu Coffee Forest Biosphere in Ethiopia is one of the world's last and most important remaining areas of mountain forest for the preservation of wild arabica coffee (Coffea arabica). We've worked with the Darwin Institute and the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, in the area since 2015 to improve the quality of coffee and therefore incomes for farmers, enabling the preservation and study of this unique biosphere.
As an espresso, this coffee boasts soft citrus acidity up front, a syrupy body and notes of marzipan and dark chocolate. It has a long-lasting bourbon-biscuit aftertaste. Brewed as filter coffee, it has a tea-like quality and feels light on the tongue. It opens on a mild, citrus-like acidity, displays flavours reminiscent of kumquat, sweet shortcrust pastry and brown sugar, and finishes on bittersweet notes of roasted cocoa beans.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Ethically sourced ✓ Sustainably produced ✓
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here