Scotch Bonnet Chilli Powder by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested, dried and ground in Uganda. Packed in the UK.
Scotch bonnet chilli peppers, also known as bonney peppers and Caribbean red peppers, are a variety of chilli pepper named for its resemblance to a tam o’shanter hat. They are ubiquitous in West Africa, where they are a key ingredient of local cuisine, and they’re also a mainstay ingredient in much Caribbean cooking. Most Scotch bonnet peppers have a rating of 100,000 to 350,000 units on the Scoville heat scale, meaning that they're hotter than the peppers used to make Tabasco Sauce, and even hotter than the small but powerful bird's eye chillies found in much Thai and Southeast Asian cooking. But they taste incredible, with a unique smokiness coming through the heat (no, that's not your tongue on fire!).
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here