Pure Spanish Saffron Powder by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested, dried and ground in Spain.
Saffron is derived from the stigma and styles of a flower named the saffron crocus. It’s the world’s most expensive spice, thanks to its highly specific growing conditions (each flower yields only three threads of saffron and blooms for only one week annually) and the extremely careful and labour-intensive process of harvesting it. Saffron has an extremely subtle fragrance and flavour that’s slightly sweet with hay-like notes, and which has been described as enigmatic.
USES: Hatton Hill's saffron powder gives a wonderful fragrance, flavour and visual lift to rice, pasta, egg, seafood and chicken dishes, and the spice works superbly in pale broths and creamy sauces. It’s a classic ingredient in paella and all kinds of pilafs and risottos, it adds a wonderfully subtle flavour to pasta, it’s the anchor of an authentic bouillabaisse, and it can even be used in dips and desserts. The tiniest pinch of this special spice will give your culinary creations a big, big boost.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here