Red Jalapeño Chilli Powder by Hatton Hill. Ground from red jalapeño chillies grown, harvested and dried in China. Packed in the UK.
Jalapeño chillies get their name from the city of Xalapa (also spelled Jalapa), in the Mexican state of Veracruz. Red jalapeño chillies are not as common as the green variety, thanks to the extended growing season that allows them to mature and turn red. That longer season allows red jalapeños to develop to be slightly hotter than green jalapeños (typically measuring 2,500-10,000 units on the Scoville heat scale; the green variety tops out at 8,000 units) and to acquire a more earthy, fruity flavour, rather like that of capsicums.
Our red jalapeño chilli powder is ideal in Mexican dishes such as salsa, rubs for barbequed and roasted meat, fish and vegetables, seasoning blends, marinades and fajitas. Try sprinkling it into salad dressings and mayonnaise to give them a bit of extra zing, or use it to make your own hot sauce.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here