Pasilla Chillies by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Taiwan. Packed in the UK.
Pasilla means “little raisin” in Spanish, and one look at the dark brown, wrinkled skin of these dried chillies will leave you in no doubt as to why they acquired this name. They’re actually the dried version of chilaca chillies, a slender pepper that’s native to the region between the southern parts of North America and the northern parts of South America, including the Caribbean. Pasilla chillies are very mild, with a Scoville heat scale rating of no more than around 3,000 units (by comparison, the mild jalapeño chillies served up in Mexican restaurants typically rate 2,500-8,000 units) and most often less. They have a rich flavour – smoky, fruity and earthy all at once – which makes them very versatile in a wide range of dishes where taste is the object, not primarily heat. Try them in table sauces and salsas, or grind them into powder for seasonings.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here