Organic Whole Nutmeg by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Madagascar. Packed in the UK.
Nutmeg is the seed of the Myristica fragrant tree, which is native to Indonesia and the also source of mace, a red, lace-like fibre that's wrapped around the nutmeg seed. Nutmeg has a fascinating history, its sole source until the mid-19th century having been a group of tiny islands in Indonesia's Spice Islands archipelago that formed part of a colonial-era land swap in which the British gained Manhattan from the Dutch.
Our organic nutmeg has a warm, nutty flavour, with notes of cloves. Despite – or perhaps because of – its tropical origins, it's a perfect autumn spice, frequently used in desserts such as custards and bread pudding (in which it's essential), cakes, cookies and beverages. It's also right at home in savoury dishes that incorporate pumpkin or butternut squash, including pies and soups, and it pairs well with cream- and cheese-based recipes such as gratins.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here