Organic Allspice (Whole) by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in India. Packed in the UK
Despite its name, allspice is in fact a single spice: the dried unripe berries of the pimento tree, which is native to Central America and the Caribbean, and now cultivated in other tropical regions. It acquired its name likely thanks to the fact that it combines the flavours of several individual spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s whole allspice berries are organically grown in India, harvested before they ripen, naturally dried in the sunshine, and packed without delay to seal in their complex flavour and aroma.
USES: Allspice, as its name suggests, is an extremely versatile ingredient, brilliantly useful and tasty for flavouring almost anything, from meat, poultry, and vegetable dishes to pickles to desserts and even drinks. Its warming, aromatic qualities have made it a staple ingredient in Caribbean cuisine (it’s particularly indispensable in jerk marinades), it’s used in India and the Middle East to flavour meat dishes, and in the US and other Western countries in sausages, all kinds of savoury dishes and desserts.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Organic ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £2.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here