Organic Tiger Nut Flour by Hatton Hill Organic. Milled from tiger nuts organically grown, harvested and dried in Burkina Faso. Packed in the UK.
Tiger nuts aren’t actually nuts, but small root vegetables that made up most of our ancestors’ diets around 2 million years ago during the Palaeolithic period. Our tiger nut flour is milled from these vegetables and offers a terrific alternative to everyday wheat flour.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s tiger nut flour is produced in Burkina Faso, on the African home continent of the tiger nut itself. It has a slightly sweet, nutty flavour that lends itself naturally to sweet foods such as cookies and cakes (there’s less need to add sugar, thanks to its natural sweetness, so it’s excellent for anyone with diabetes and for health-conscious bakers who don’t want to sacrifice taste) but which is also excellently suited to savoury foods.
USES: Hatton Hill Organic’s tiger nut flour can be used in almost any recipe in place of wheat flour, whether it’s sweet or savoury. It’s especially well-suited to baking, as it rises moderately even without the addition of baking powder, baking soda or yeast. Try making cookies or cakes with it, reducing the sugar you add as the flour compensates by itself. You can also mix it into veggie burger patties, batter and even pizza dough. The possibilities are practically limitless!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here