Organic Star Anise by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in China. Packed in the UK.
Star anise comes from an evergreen tree that grows in Southern China, Vietnam and Laos. It contains the same three essential oils as aniseed, even though the two are entirely unrelated, and the flavour of star anise is significantly stronger than that of aniseed.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s star anise is the whole dried star anise flower, which imparts a unique, liquorice-like flavour to dishes in which it is used.
USES: Star anise is a “star” player in Chinese cuisine (it’s one of the dominant ingredients in Chinese five-spice seasoning, which is present in all kinds of Chinese dishes) and is used in Vietnamese pho, a soup that is ubiquitous throughout the country. Its uses in the West have been focused mainly on alcoholic drinks such as sambuca and pastis, and on cookies, cakes and desserts. But Hatton Hill Organic’s star anise can bring an exotic twist to many other kinds of dishes, particularly stews and casseroles, as part of a rub for meat dishes and in sauces, and it gives a liquorice kick to any liquid used for poaching pears or other fruit.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here