Organic Raw Buckwheat by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Ukraine. Packed in the UK.
Hatton Hill Organic’s raw buckwheat consists of the heart-shaped seeds of the buckwheat plant, which is part of the rhubarb family. They have a toasted, nutty flavour, and are an excellent, naturally gluten-free alternative to regular wheat.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Buckwheat is believed to have been first cultivated more than 8,000 years ago in Southeast Asia. It was one of the first crops introduced to North America by early European settlers and is a staple food in much of Eastern Europe. Hatton Hill Organic’s raw buckwheat is farmed, harvested and dried in Ukraine.
USES: Buckwheat has a mild, grassy flavour that can be given an extra boost by toasting it before further cooking. It’s excellent as a healthy side dish and in salads and can be milled into flour for many of the same uses as normal wheat flour, such as baking and pancakes. It can also be used as a tasty alternative to rice or bulgur, mixed with vegetables and herbs to stuff bell peppers, grilled mushrooms or cabbage wraps, or cooked in milk or fruit juice as a tasty hot cereal. It can even be made into a tea!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here