Organic Protein Bread (250g) by Hatton Hill Organic. Baked in Germany.
Our organic protein bread is exactly what it says: a nutritious organic bread with around five times as much protein as comparable breads.
It's made with rye flour, which is higher in protein, phosphorus, iron and potassium than wheat flour, but lower in gluten. Rye bread was a staple food during the Middle Ages, and it remains hugely popular in Central, Northern and Eastern Europe. It has a lower glycaemic index than breads based on wheat, meaning that it releases energy in a more gradual way (good for maintaining more stable blood sugar levels), and it contains more fibre.
This nutrient-rich organic bread nevertheless packs its protein punch thanks to the fact it contains wheat protein, in addition to linseed, soy, sunflower seeds and yeast.
It's a nutritious, delicious step-change from breads made mainly from wheat. It makes superb sandwiches, terrific toast, and it stays fresh for much longer than wheat breads. Grab a slice and enjoy!
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Ingredients: Organic whole rye flour, organic wheat protein, organic linseed, organic soy meal, organic soy flour, organic apple vinegar, organic sunflower seed kernels, organic wheat bran, organic apple fibre, organic yeast, water, sea salt.
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||1.7g|
|- of which sugars||1.4g|
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here