Organic Potato Starch (Gluten-Free) by Hatton Hill Organic. Made from potatoes organically grown in France. Packed in the UK.
Potato starch – also known as potato flour – is an enormously versatile gluten-free substitute for corn starch and other grain- and gluten-laden flours and thickeners. It’s made through a process of washing and extracting the starch in potatoes, and turning it into a powder.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s potato starch is a pure, naturally gluten-free starch made from potatoes that are organically farmed and harvested in France.
USES: Hatton Hill Organic’s potato starch can be used in almost any preparation that calls for some form of flour or starch thickening or coating – in sauces, soups, gravies, casseroles, cakes, desserts, and more. It also adds a satisfying crunchiness to fried items such as chicken wings, tempura, or fried vegetables. Try it in dishes that require simmering, such as vegetable soup or custard, or add it to doughnut mixtures, for instance.
FLOUR POWER: Potato starch (potato flour) is a concentrated source of vitamin B6, and it also contains other B vitamins – B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9, as well as vitamin C. Additionally, it contains copper, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Organic ✓ Gluten-Free ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427) and by the European Union.
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £2.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here