Organic Pomegranate Seeds (Anardana) by Hatton Hill Organic. Dried seeds of pomegranates organically grown and harvested in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Dried pomegranate seeds, known by the Persian-derived name "anardana" in Hindi and Punjabi, is used in the cuisines of the Indian subcontinent and the middle East to bing a sophisticated, mildly fruity, sweet and sour flavour to food, rather like sumac.
It's used mainly in a ground form in a range of dishes, in rubs for meat and seafood, in the Persian dish fasenjan (chicken with walnut and pomegranate sauce), relishes and chutneys. Unlike many fruity-sour spices, dried pomegranate seeds work excellently when added at the beginning of cooking, not just near the end, developing flavour and complexity particularly well in slow-cooked dishes. They're terrific in dals and other, similar dishes, and also good for adding zing to otherwise minimally flvaourful roasted and steamed vegetables, such as potatoes and cauliflower.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0g|
|- of which sugars||0g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here