Organic Pine Nut Kernels by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Mongolia and Russia. Packed in the UK.
Pine nuts are, in the botanical sense, not true nuts but seeds, which means that almost those with allergies to peanuts and tree nuts (such as almonds, brazil nuts, cashews and the like) can eat them without worrying about an allergic reaction. Pine nuts are sometimes described as a “chameleon” food, thanks to their amazing versatility to blend in (yet stand out!) in both sweet and savoury preparations and dishes.
USES: Arguably the most famous European dish in which pine nuts play a starring role is classic basil pesto, a fresh, fragrant and completely delicious combination of the nuts with just a handful of other simple ingredients. But their creamy subtlety makes pine nuts a perfect ingredient in any dish that calls for a touch of epicurean decadence. Think saucy vegetable, fish meat and poultry dishes, dips such as hummus and other tahini-based treats, grain dishes such as cous cous and rice, pasta preparations, salads… The list is a long one. On the sweet side, they give pastries, biscuits and other baked goods a lovely, buttery taste and signature style. Pine nuts are some of the most sought-after nuts in the world, It’s easy to see why!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||4.9g|
|- of which sugars||3.6g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here