Organic Millet by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and hulled in Ukraine. Packed in the UK.
Millet is a grain that originates from wild grass. It’s somewhat larger than quinoa and has been eaten by humans for at least 7,000 years, making it one of the oldest cultivated grain crops. It’s also one of the most nutritious – and one of the most ubiquitous, being a staple in many parts of Asia and Africa.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s millet is grown, harvested and hulled in Ukraine (unhulled millet is used as birdseed), boasting a superior nutty taste and a texture that – depending on how it’s cooked – can range from soft to crunchy. It is every bit as versatile as other grains, and can easily stand in for quinoa or rice in an enormous variety of dishes.
USES: Hatton Hill’s organic millet has a mild flavour that makes it a perfect companion for a huge range of foods, and it can be used in the same way as rice, quinoa or other grains. Stews and soups are a natural home for millet, as are many meat, poultry and fish dishes (especially those with sauces), and baked goods such as bread, muffins and cookies. For those serious about snacking, it can even be popped like corn!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0.7g|
|- of which sugars||0.5g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here