Organic Ground Turmeric by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested, dried and ground in India. Packed in the UK.
Turmeric is native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia. It’s related to ginger, but it has a flavour that’s all its own. Where ginger has a sweet, spicy zing, turmeric gives dishes a lovely golden yellow colour and its flavour is warm and slightly bitter with a peppery aroma.
USES: Ground turmeric has been a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine for thousands of years, and it has long been used in Caribbean cooking. It’s arguably best-known as an anchor spice in curries, thanks to its lovely warmth and golden hue, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Hatton Hill Organic’s organic ground turmeric is wonderfully at home in stews, soups, sautéed vegetables, rice dishes, falafel mix, in dishes based on lentils and other beans and pulses, hummus and other dips, pancakes and even smoothies. It’s a natural source of curcumin, a strong antioxidant that the body absorbs most readily when turmeric is included in dishes featuring black pepper and healthy fats such as olive and coconut oil.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here