Organic Ground Fennel Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested, dried and ground in India. Packed in the UK.
Fennel is native to the Mediterranean region, but has gained popularity worldwide, its seeds – whole and ground – having been incorporated into the cuisines of many countries in Europe and the Middle East, India and China. Fennel is related to anise, caraway and coriander, sharing a liquorice-like aroma and distinct, herbaceous flavour with anise, in particular.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s ground fennel seeds are grown, harvested, dried and ground in India before being packed promptly to seal in their flavour and aroma.
USES: Ground fennel seeds lend a sharp, aromatic, slightly sweet, herbaceous, liquoricey flavour to a wide range of savoury and sweet recipes. Known among French and Italian chefs as “the fish herb”, fennel seed is frequently found in bouillabaisse and other fish and seafood dishes. In European cuisine, it’s also a tasty addition to sauces, meatballs, sausages, vinaigrettes, baked goods and more. In East and Southeast Asian cooking, it's used to season meat, vegetables, and pickles. In India, it's a star ingredient in curries, dals, vegetable dishes and breads such as naan. Fennel seed also adds a distinctively tangy flavour to confectioneries and drinks.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here