Organic Galangal Slices by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Thailand. Packed in the UK.
Galangal is a plant native to tropical East Asia whose woody roots boast a sharp, citrusy pine flavour and aroma. Galangal is closely related to ginger (the root is also known as “Thai ginger”) and is used widely in the cuisines of Southeast Asia, especially Indochina and Indonesia, and also on the Indian subcontinent.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s galangal root is grown, harvested and naturally dried in Thailand. Its distinctive flavour and aroma are pungent and have a peppery warmth that’s more subtle than that of its cousin ginger.
USES: Galangal is a very important spice in Southeast Asian and Indian cuisine, flavoring curries, soups, marinades and more – and it’s used particularly liberally in seafood dishes. Try your hand at simple yet succulent preparations such as coconut-milk chicken soup with galangal before moving on to more ambitious dishes like laab, a fragrant dish originally from northeast Thailand and Laos that combines minced pork, chicken or fish with galangal, coriander, lemongrass, mint and other fresh herbs and leaves. Also try making your own tangy Indian curry pastes. Hatton Hill Organic’s galangal slices bring the flavours of Asia right into your kitchen for you to explore.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here