Organic Dill by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Hungary. Packed in the UK.
Dill is an aromatic herb with an appealingly mild liquoricey flavour. It's native to the eastern Mediterranean and western Asia, belongs to the same family as parsley and celery, and has a history of use that stretches back at least 5,000 years to ancient Egypt, where it was employed medicinally. These days, dill is used widely in Northern European cuisine (its name comes from an old Norse word meaning "to soothe"), and it’s also popular in countries such as Turkey and as far afield as Southeast Asia. Arguably its best-known use is in pickling, where it gives vegetables such as gherkins, carrots, cucumbers, green beans and cauliflower a taste that's distinctive, fresh and herby.
Our organic dill is a flavoursome addition to salad dressings, vinaigrettes, poultry and egg dishes, and most of all to fish and seafood, to which it brings a flavour that's all its own. It's also a delicious and distinctive ingredient in soups, sauces, dips (especially those made with sour cream) and vegetable dishes such as potato gratin and potato salad. It's a lot more versatile than many people think. Dill-icious!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here