Organic Corn Starch by Hatton Hill Organic. Made from premium-grade organically grown corn, harvested and dried in Austria. Packed in the UK.
Corn starch, a fine, white powder, is made by grinding the starchy parts of corn kernels. It has no discernible flavour, so it's a very versatile ingredient for thickening sauces, curries, soups, marinades, glazes, casseroles, pie fillings and desserts. It can also be used interchangeably with flour to add a satisfying crispiness to fried foods and batters (think tempura, fried chicken and homemade fish and chips), and in baked goods it can be used as a part-substitute for flour to create a lovely texture and crumbliness. It's naturally gluten-free, so it's a natural for use with non-wheat flours if you're doing gluten-free baking.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Naturally gluten-free ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here