Organic Cardamom Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Guatemala. Packed in the UK.
Cardamom plants are forest-dwelling natives of the Indian subcontinent and Indonesia that have been spread for cultivation in a number of tropical countries, including Guatemala, one of the biggest producers of cardamom seeds.
Our organic cardamom seeds are a versatile spice for both savoury and sweet dishes, and cardamom is used extensively in the cuisines of India, the Middle East and Scandinavia. It has a strong, sweet flavour and aroma with lemon and mint notes.
Cardamom is a classic ingredient in curries, adding signature sophistication and balancing the richness of other ingredients, it's a lovely, warming spice to use in soups (think homemade lentil, carrot or sweet potato soups, in particular – but don't stop there!), it's superb in stews and hotpots, brilliant in baking (breads, cakes, cookies, tarts – everything, really!) and delicious in desserts (try cardamom custard, mousse and cardamom chocolate pots). Ground or infused, cardamom can even put a citrusy spin on cocktails and mocktails!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here