Organic Blue Poppy Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Our organic blue poppy seeds have a nutty, aromatic taste that lends them to a wide range of uses in both savoury and sweet dishes.
They're terrific for garnishing bread and rolls, grinding into sauces and pastry fillings, adding to vegetable dishes and salad dressings, and encrusting fish, meat and vegetable dishes (think salmon sushi, pork tenderloin and cauliflower). They also add taste and texture to potato, egg, pasta, cream and cheese dishes.
Thanks to their nutty flavour, blue poppy seeds pair well with citrus fruits such as lemons – a fact attested to by the vast number of recipes for desserts and baked goods such as lemon and poppy seed tarts, pies and cakes that can be found all over the internet. They also work well with allspice, cardamom, coriander, fennel and turmeric across an incredible variety of sweet and savoury recipes.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||4.5g|
|- of which sugars||3g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here