Organic Black Cardamom Pods by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Vietnam. Packed in the UK.
Hatton Hill Organic’s black cardamom pods are warm, aromatic and smoky, thanks to the fact that they are dried over an open fire. Beneath those alluring scents and tastes, there’s also a pleasing menthol flavour. Black cardamom is native to the eastern Himalayas, and is widely used in the rich and varied savoury dishes of the Indian subcontinent, East and Southeast Asia.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Our organic black cardamom pods are carefully cultivated, harvested and dried over open fires in Vietnam. Black cardamom is a keynote spice in pho, a light, aromatic soup that is ubiquitous throughout the country.
USES: Black cardamom is not as easy to grind as green cardamom, so the whole pod, husk and all, is commonly used in cooking. Its flavour and aroma differ greatly from those of its green cousin, making it a wonderful ingredient in savoury dishes such as curries, in all kinds of rice dishes, and with poultry, meat, fish and seafood. Try using it to give a unique twist to marinades and rubs for grilled meats. It’s especially well-suited to long-cooking dishes, which allow its flavour to develop its fullest expression.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here