Organic Black (Brown) Mustard Seeds by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in India. Packed in the UK.
Black mustard is native to northern Africa, western and central Asia and parts of Europe. It comes from the same plant family as yellow mustard, wasabi, watercress and horseradish. It has a stronger flavour and aroma than yellow or brown mustard, and its seeds have a pungent, spicy kick that's brought to its fullest expression by grinding them into a powder which acquires an earthy taste when cooked.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill’s organic black mustard seeds are organically grown, harvested and dried in India before being packed without delay to ensure that their distinctive flavour and aroma are perfectly preserved.
USES: Black mustard seeds are used widely in Indian cuisine, often used whole and fried or toasted before being added to dishes or included in stir-fries with other aromatic ingredients.
Making prepared mustard for use as a condiment is both easy and addictively experimental – try adding mint, ginger or pepper to the mix, or perhaps smoked paprika or garlic, and varying the liquid in it from water to beer, or from vinegar to wine. Use black mustard seeds in marinades, pickling blends, rubs, soups and sauces. Black mustard is a natural pairing for hot and cold meats, fish, curries, dals and chutneys, and a wide range of vegetable dishes.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here