Organic Aniseed (Anise) by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Native to the Middle East, aniseed is not related in any botanical way to star anise, which is Asian and has a much stronger flavour, although the two spices share a similar taste due to the fact they both contain anethole, which produces the signature anise flavour.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Organic’s aniseed is harvested in Turkey before being dried and packed to preserve its distinctive aromatic quality and add a liquoricey note to any dish in which it is used.
USES: Aniseed boasts a sweet, fruity, warm flavour, making it an ideal addition to sweets, cookies and specialty breads. It also brings a distinctive flavour to stews, curries, pies, soups, fruit cobblers and other fruit-based dishes. Aniseed is found in Italian pizzella and Peruvian picarones, and it’s very easy to incorporate into other dishes; simply add it as a herbal butter or beat it into scrambled eggs. Like star anise, aniseed is also used to flavour alcoholic drinks such as Pernod and ouzo.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here