Organic Amaranth Grain (Seeds) by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in India. Packed in the UK.
Amaranth seed is a high-protein, gluten-free alternative to rice, grains and pasta. It has been cultivated for upwards of 8,000 years, and was a staple of the Inca, Maya and Aztec civilisations. As a "pseudocereal", it’s technically not a cereal grain in the sense that wheat or oats are, but it's used in very similar ways.
It's great in porridge and polenta-style recipes, it adds texture and nutritional value to baked goods, you can use it in a similar way to barley, rice and other grains in soups, and it can even be popped like popcorn.
Amaranth has an impressive nutritional profile. A complete protein, it contains all nine essential amino acids, and it's around 14% protein – almost double the protein value of rice and corn.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓ Gluten-free ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||1.7g|
|- of which sugars||1.7g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here