Nigella Seeds (Black Cumin/Black Caraway) by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Originating in southern Asia, southern Europe and North Africa, nigella seeds – also known as black cumin and black caraway – are a member of the buttercup family. They boast a slightly smoky aroma reminiscent of black pepper, and a flavour to match, with notes of onion and oregano. They’re commonly used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine in a variety of ways.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill's nigella seeds are sourced from farmers in Turkey, and dried and packed without delay to preserve their distinctive flavour.
USES: Hatton Hill’s nigella seeds are a versatile addition to any kitchen, and are especially at home in Indian, Turkish, Iranian and North African cuisines. They’re a winning ingredient when dry-roasted and added to curries, vegetable dishes and dals, and can be used in other lentil or pulse dishes and soups. They pair tastily with butternut, in addition to pepping up recipes for Indian naan, bagels and other breads. Nigella seeds are also a terrific, crunchy, last-minute enhancement to salads of all kinds, adding texture alongside their smoky, peppery flavour.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here