Marigold Flowers (Calendula) by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested, and dried in Albania. Packed in the UK.
Marigolds are thought to be native to southern Europe, although their long history of cultivation makes their precise origins difficult to pin down. They grow in temperate regions as far north as the southern UK. Marigold flowers were used by ancient Greeks and Romans, and remain in use in the Middle East and Indian subcontinent as a medicinal herb and as a dye for fabrics, foods and cosmetics.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill's sun-hued marigold flowers are grown in the most sun-drenched fields in Albania, gathered carefully and dried before being packed promptly to preserve their beautiful colour, flavour and aroma.
USES: Probably the best-known use of marigold flowers is in making tea – a golden-hued brew that has a very mild flavour and which is enhanced by the addition of a little mint or lemon. Marigold petals add a wonderful splash of colour to salads, stir fries, quiches, tarts and desserts. Freeze them in ice cubes to give cold drinks a golden touch, or crumble them onto ice cream, cheesecake and smoothies. Marigold flowers add a strong golden colour to many dishes (think rice and grains, in particular) – so much so that they've won the affectionate nickname "poor man's saffron". Crumble them into your cooking to make it glow!
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Why not visit Mullein Leaves?
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here