Liquorice Root Powder by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested, dried and ground in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Liquorice root is native to Western Asia and Southern Europe and has been used for thousands of years as a flavouring for food and drink, and for medicinal purposes.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill’s liquorice root is grown, harvested, dried and ground into this flavoursome powder in Turkey.
USES: Perhaps the most popular use of liquorice root in Western countries is as a tea with a robust, anise-like flavour and aroma, and which in some circles is believed to possess properties that soothe the digestive tract and throat. It’s also used in various forms as a flavouring in other drinks – notably various liquors and craft beers – and in candies and some baked goods. Liquorice root is the most widely used herb in traditional Chinese medicine and is also in common use by Western herbalists.
SAVOUR THE FLAVOUR: Liquorice root is said to contain more than 300 bioactive compounds, although its most renowned proven quality is its unique, love-it-or-loathe-it flavour.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here