French Lavender (Lavandula Stoechas – pronounced "stokas") by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
French lavender, like the colder-climate English lavender, is a member of the mint family, which also includes rosemary, sage and thyme. It's renowned for its fragrance, which many people regard as soothing and calming, and its uses in potpourris, soaps and cosmetics are well known, as is the fact that it makes a lovely tea that helps many people unwind.
What's less well known is that French lavender, which boasts bigger flowers than the English variety, is a very special cooking ingredient, giving a wide range of sweet and savoury dishes a herby, floral flavour and aroma, and an appealing dash of colour. In savoury dishes, French lavender is best used like fresh rosemary, and it pairs well with oregano, thyme, sage, and savory. Try using it in rubs for grilled or roasted vegetables, meats and poultry. In sweet dishes, it adds a delightful floral flavour and aroma – think baked goods such as cakes, cookies and muffins, sugar and honey infusions for desserts, drinks and jams. We think you'll agree that our French lavender flowers are an A-list addition to any kitchen cupboard.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here