Habanero Chilli Flakes by Hatton Hill. Made from habanero chillies grown, harvested and dried in Ecuador. Packed in the UK.
Habanero peppers, like many varieties of chillies, originated in the Amazon. Their name, which is Spanish, refers to inhabitants of the Cuban capital, Havana, due to the fact that the city was formerly a hub for trading them. They’re closely related to Scotch bonnet peppers, which are popular throughout the Caribbean and West Africa, and they’re one of the hotter varieties of chilli available. Habaneros rate from 100,000 to 350,000 units on the Scoville heat scale, making the mild jalapeño chillies served up in Mexican restaurants – which typically measure 2,500-8,000 units – look pretty tame. But there’s much more to habaneros than just heat – they have a distinctive citrus flavour and a subtle smokiness that makes them very popular in sauces, salsas, cooking powders and rubs for barbequed dishes.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here