Gusto Organic Fiery Ginger with Chipotle Drink (275ml)
Humans have been guzzling and stirring, squeezing and pressing ginger into food and drinks for millennia. A strange, knobbly root with a strikingly pretty flower, it is earth, citrus and fire – a catalogue of tastes and tingles that entertains palates across four continents.
The laser-like eye of Gusto Organic Drinks decided we needed to take our own unique approach to this venerable plant, so our all-new organic ginger drink needed to be organic-certified, without the use of refined sugar and without the requirement to shock the blood sugar levels of our customers, as traditional ginger soft drinks so often like to do.
We use fresh organic ginger juice from China and we blend it with ginger from Nigeria and Indonesia, with each ginger bringing notes of flavour, depth and zing. We sweeten this with organic and FairTrade apple juice and organic Fair for Life blue agave from Jalisco in Mexico (apples, ginger, agave are perfect flavour foils for one another). We add to this a reasonable glug of organic lemon juice (we like a little sour with our sweet) and, to elevate this champion of beverages to a higher plane, we blend in Mexican chipotle – a wonderful smoked chilli that offers heat, a little smoke and a wonderful background hum.
We wager that this is the quintessential adult soft drink: complex, decidedly grown-up, sweet, hot, zingy and dry. But if adult soft drinks are not all you're after, it's a superb mixer with vodka, or for that legendary "dark and stormy", with rum.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here