Guntur Sannam Chillies (S4-type) by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in India. Packed in the UK.
The S4 variety of Guntur Sannam chilli is the most renowned of this chilli variety, which originates in the Guntur, Prakasam, Warangal and Khammam districts of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It’s a flavoursome chilli with a smoky, fruity, tomato-like character that rates around 35,000-40,000 units on the Scoville heat scale (the mild jalapeño chillies served up in Mexican restaurants typically score 2,500-8,000 units on the same scale). Given their origins, it’s no surprise that Guntur Sannam chillies are a key ingredient in curries – particularly in Andhra Pradesh, which is renowned for its spicy cuisine – but they have many more culinary uses, including in rubs for barbequed and roasted dishes, spicy dips, and as a tabletop condiment.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here