Amarillo Chillies by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Peru. Packed in the UK.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill's amarillo chillies (yellow chillies) are gathered in Peru, where they have been an integral part of the cuisine since the time of the ancient Incas. They have a delightfully fresh, fruity, berry-like flavour, and are very hot if the seeds are left in – 30,000-50,000 heat units on the Scoville scale (by comparison, the green jalapeño chillis dished up in Mexican restaurants typically rate around 5,000 heat units).
USES: Amarillo chilies are grown mainly in Peru and other parts of Latin America, and are used extensively in Peruvian and Bolivian cuisine (in Peru, they're far and away the most popular chillies). Their fruity, berry-like flavour is full and distinctive, and their heat can be reduced to accentuate this fruitiness if their seeds are removed. Try using them in sauces and salsas, or grinding them into powder, to add vibrancy to your cooking. In Peru, they're particularly popular in in potato dishes, salsas and ceviches, and they're also often used as a table seasoning. Ground into a paste, amarillo chillies make a wonderful addition to marinades, salad dressings and dips. Go experiment!
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here