Lemon Verbena (Whole Leaf Herbal Tea) by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Morocco. Packed in the UK.
Lemon verbena first appeared in Europe in the 18th Century as an import from Latin America. Its citrus scent rapidly won popularity, and it quickly became favoured for use in fragrant bouquets. Today, it’s prized not only for its scent but also its many culinary uses.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Natural’s lemon verbena is grown and dried in Morocco, where it’s very popular for making tea, before being packed to capture its citrus scent and flavour.
USES: Aside from tea – an obvious use for such a strongly citrus-scented and -flavoured plant – lemon verbena is popularly used to make other beverages, such as soft drink and cocktail syrups. It’s also a great addition to a wide range of dishes, savoury and sweet alike. Try it with fillets of white fish cooked en papillote, or in marinades for ceviche and other preparations. It adds a wonderful lemon flavour when cooked in poultry, pork, and vegetable dishes, and in salads either as an ingredient in a dressing or finely chopped and sprinkled on top. If you fancy a dash of its citrus flavour with something sweet, try it in jams, desserts such as crème brûlée or sorbet, in which it works wonders, and yoghurt. Wherever a lemony lift is called for, our leaves will oblige!
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here