Isot Chilli Flakes by Hatton Hill. Made from chillies grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Isot chilli, also known as Urfa chilli or Urfa pepper after the region in Turkey from which it originates, begins life as a sweet red pepper that’s mildly hot. It’s a true gourmet choice among chillis – smoky, sour and sweet all at once, with flavour notes often likened to chocolate, raisin and coffee.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill Natural’s Isot chilli is grown in its home region of Urfa, in the southeast of Turkey. It’s partly dried in the sun before being wrapped at night to sweat and preserve the natural oils on its skin, then crushed and packed with salt.
USES: Isot chilli is traditionally used to season lamb or sautéed with tomatoes and aubergine, but it can be used in practically any dish when you want to add a sophisticated smoky heat that’s mild enough to enhance but not overpower other flavours. Try sprinkling it on vegetables when cooking, adding it to other herbs and spices to make a deliciously mild-hot, memorable rub or marinade for grilled and barbecued meats, throwing a spoonful of it into casseroles and braising liquids for slow cooking, adding it to egg dishes, yoghurt, dressings and dips, and even using it in brownies, sweets and chocolate to give them an extra smoky kick.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here