Ancho Chillies by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Peru. Packed in the UK.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill's ancho chillies (ancho means "broad" in Spanish) are the dried version of the almost ripe poblano chilli. Poblano chillies are harvested before they ripen, but our ancho chillies are allowed to ripen to further develop their flavour, making them sweeter than the unripened peppers.
USES: Ancho chillies are dark and smoky, boasting a deep, rich flavour that's slightly reminiscent of raisins and a mild heat (1,000 to 2,000 Scoville scale heat units; by comparison, the green jalapeño chillies dished up in Mexican restaurants typically rate around 5,000 heat units). They’re widely used whole, flaked and powdered in Mexican and Southwestern US cuisine. Try using our ancho chillies to give a lift to sauces, blend them with other spices, and cook them with vegetables to make bases for stews and soups. Chop or grind them and sprinkle them on top of meat, poultry or seafood, or use them to make delicious rubs and marinades. Thanks to their mildness and distinctive, full flavour, our ancho chillies will please every palate.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Allergen information: Packed on premises that handle nuts, seeds, cereals, soya and products containing gluten.
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK: Royal Mail / FedEx / DHL standard delivery (3-5 working days): Flat fee of £3.49.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here