Ancho Chilli Flakes by Hatton Hill. Made from chillies grown, harvested and dried in Mexico. Packed in the UK.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill's ancho chillies (ancho means "broad" in Spanish) are the dried version of the almost ripe poblano chilli, from Puebla, Mexico. Poblano chillies are harvested before they ripen, but our ancho chillies are allowed to ripen to further develop their flavour, making them sweeter than the unripened peppers.
USES: Ancho chillies are dark and smoky, boasting a deep, rich flavour that's slightly reminiscent of raisins and a mild heat (1,000 to 2,000 Scoville scale heat units; by comparison, the green jalapeño chillies dished up in Mexican restaurants typically rate around 5,000 heat units). They’re widely used flaked, powdered and whole in Mexican and Southwestern US cuisine. Try using our ancho chilli flakes to give a lift to sauces, blend them with other spices, and cook them with vegetables to make bases for stews and soups. Sprinkle them on top of meat, poultry or seafood, or use them to make delicious rubs and marinades. Thanks to their mildness and distinctive, full flavour, our ancho chilli flakes will please every palate.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here