Corn Silk by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Corn silk consists of the wispy, threadlike strands between the corn husk and the kernels. It's an often overlooked part of the corn plant, which is a shame because it's jam-packed with nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fibre, and it makes a wonderful tea that's been consumed by Native Americans for at least 5,000 years as a health remedy.
Corn silk tea tastes, unsurprisingly, like corn – subtly earthy and slightly sweet. Just steep Hatton Hill's corn silk in boiled water and enjoy! You can also use it in cooking – it makes a lovely, crunchy snack or garnish when deep-fried (seasoned or not), and in Chinese cuisine it's a terrific addition to soups.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here