Black Coarse Rock Salt (Kala Namak) by Hatton Hill. Harvested in Pakistan. Packed in the UK.
Hatton Hill’s black rock salt is a volcanic rock salt endowed with a taste of sulphur, giving dishes to which it is added an umami-like flavour similar to that of a boiled egg yolk. This makes it especially appealing to vegans, some of whom regard it as a staple in their cooking.
PURE, PREMIUM PRODUCT: Hatton Hill’s black rock salt, also known as kala namak and Himalayan black salt, comes from Pakistan. It is collected in the foothills of a majestic mountain chain and makes an exotic and exciting addition to your collection of culinary indulgences.
USES: Aside from being a vegan favourite, black salt is often used in South Asian cuisine, including chaats (fruit glazes), chutneys, raitas (yoghurt and cucumber mixes), fruit salads and savoury deep-fried snacks – indeed, many dishes would lose their special taste without it. It’s also a good choice for a wide range of tofu dishes, roasted vegetables and sandwiches, especially with avocado.
A LESS-IS-MORE AROMATIC ADVENTURE: Pungent and smoky, Hatton Hill’s black rock salt is much more flavoursome than ordinary table salt, so you can use less of it without losing any of the essential taste of your cooking.
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Ingredients: Black rock salt (no additives, unrefined).
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here