Organic Extra-Hot Curry Powder by Hatton Hill Organic. A classic, flavoursome blend of organically grown spices and other ingredients from more than one country that packs an extra-spicy kick. Packed in the UK.
It may surprise some of you to learn that curry powder is not an ingredient used in Indian cooking, but a British invention – a spice blend conjured up to evoke the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent but not one used by authentic Indian cooks. Yet we love it, and this organic, extra-hot version of it is a terrific ingredient to have on hand for when culinary inspiration strikes.
With the knowledge that curry powder isn't part of the subcontinental culinary repertoire, you're free to explore the wide range of uses it has in Western and other cuisines as an all-purpose seasoning. Our organic extra-hot curry powder is a great way of pepping up soups, stews, sauces, salad dressings, meat, vegetables, marinades and rubs for barbequed dishes. It pairs excellently with eggs and potatoes, and you may even want to use it as a salt-free table seasoning. For a hot and spicy snack with a difference, try shaking fresh popcorn with our organic extra-hot curry powder and butter!
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
Ingredients: Organic coriander, organic cumin, organic mustard, organic turmeric, organic ginger, organic cayenne pepper, organic garlic, salt and organic bay leaf powder.
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here