Elderberries by Hatton Hill. Grown, harvested and dried in Turkey. Packed in the UK.
Elderberries are native to much of Europe, parts of North Africa, and areas in western and central Asia. The small berries are an intense shade of dark purple that turns foods which with they're prepared a lovely ruby red, and they have a sweet-tart taste with earthy notes.
Our elderberries make irresistible drinks, such as cordials and teas (particularly with a dash of cinnamon), and they're a lovely treat baked into pies and tarts, where they're rather like blueberries with a little less sweetness. Elderberries also make wonderful jams, chutneys, syrups, preserves and jellies for use in baking (try layer cakes with alternate layers of cake and elderberry jelly). In savoury cooking, they can be used to make deliciously tart sauces to accompany full-flavoured, gamey meats such as venison, lamb and duck. If you fancy a tipple with a difference, steep a handful of our dried elderberries in a bottle of vodka for a couple of weeks. Dee-lish!
Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0.7g|
|- of which sugars||32.5g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here