Organic Basmati Rice by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in India. Packed in the UK.
Basmati rice is a light, delicate variety of rice that originates in the foothills of the Himalayas. It's unique among rice varieties because each grain expands by more than twice its dry length during cooking, growing longer but not thicker, unlike other types of rice, whose width also bulks up when they're cooked.
Our organic white basmati rice is high in carbohydrates and micronutrients such as thiamine, folate and selenium.
Our rice has a wonderfully fluffy texture, making it perfect for pilafs and frying, although if you're planning on using it to top with curry, steaming or boiling it will allow it to soak up the sauce more effectively.
There are dozens of dishes you can make using our organic white basmati rice – from stir-fries to soups to salads, and just about everything in between. Basmati takes stocks and seasonings well without turning mushy, so feel free to spice things up a little with broths and ingredients such as saffron, garam masala, cardamom, cinnamon and coriander, to name just a few.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0g|
|- of which sugars||0g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here