Organic Spelt Grain by Hatton Hill Organic. Organically grown, harvested and dried in Germany. Packed in the UK.
Spelt is an ancient relative of durum wheat that's similar to wheat in appearance, but which has a tougher husk that helps protect the nutrients inside the grain. It originated in the Near East more than 8,000 years ago and later spread throughout Europe, becoming especially popular in Germany, where it was farmed throughout the Middle Ages. In recent years it has enjoyed renewed popularity as a health food.
Our organic spelt grain has an authentic, subtle flavour with notes of pecan and bran, making it a hearty addition to any dish. It also contains a wider range of nutrients than other grains in the wheat family, and higher levels of fibre, manganese, niacin, thiamine, copper and vitamin B2.
Spelt grain can be used in many of the same ways as other grains, such as rice and buckwheat – think salads (in which it can serve as the anchor ingredient or a nice, filling addition) soups (where it works like barley to bulk up and add texture), pilafs, risotto-like dishes and stuffings. This ancient grain has no shortage of modern-day uses.
Organic ✓ Vegetarian ✓ Vegan ✓
Certified as organic by the UK’s Soil Association (licence no. DA22427).
|Typical values||per 100g|
|- of which saturates||0.3g|
|- of which sugars||2.1g|
Packed on premises that handle celery, cereals containing gluten, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites, and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamias).
Please check our Delivery Terms and Conditions as developments in the Covid-19 outbreak continue to affect most businesses.
Orders for delivery to mainland UK addresses:
• Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make temporary changes to our stocking and delivery arrangements.
• Our next-day delivery option has been temporarily suspended.
• We have had to put in place certain measures to ensure that we are able to handle the increase in demand for deliveries that Covid-19 has caused, while also delivering orders to our customers in a timely manner.
We are working hard with our supply partners to ensure that there are no stock shortages and that we remain able to offer our entire product range without compromising on quality.
Orders costing more than £50 are shipped free of charge (excluding VAT). Our free deliveries normally take up to seven working days to dispatch.
Shipping on orders costing less than £50 is charged according to the option selected:
• Mainland UK & Scotland (excluding Highland & Islands): Royal Mail / FedEx /DPD / DHL standard delivery (2-4 working days): Flat fee of £3.99.
• Other parts of the UK / international: Please click here